kdetv + nvidia + SuSE 9.1 = Problems
  • From: Terry Eck <terry_eck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 21:54:26 -0500
I have just installed Suse 9.1 and was able to get kdetv working
without a problem. I updated via YOU and selected to install the
latest nvidia drivers. This all worked very well. I rebooted and
was getting the Nvidia Splash Screen when switching into X. Now
when I try to run kdetv nothing shows up on the screen. It acts
like there is no video source. I noticed under devices there is
the lising of " NVIDIA Video Interface Port - XVideo prot 140".

While under SuSE 8.2 the device listed under kdetv is:
"BT878(Hauppauge (bt878)) Video4Linux(/dev/video)".

Can anyone tell me how to setup kdetv under SuSE 9.1 using the
nvidia drivers. Somewhere the configuration for kdetv was changed
when I installed the Nvidia driver.

Thanks,

--
SuSE Linux 8.2 (i586) ---- 2.4.20-4GB-athlon --- Fri 05/28/04 20:55