Re: [SLE] Portuguese keyboard in WindowMaker
  • From: Alexandr Malusek <Alexandr.Malusek@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:44:15 +0200
Joao Reis <joao.reis@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am portuguese and i would like to have a portuguese keyboard
> configured in WindowMaker but i can't.
> I already configured a portuguese keyboard in console and in KDE and
> GNOME, and the accents work right.

I suggest you configure the keyboard via sax2. Then the selection
will be saved in /etc/X11/XF86Config and used by the X-server (kdm)
even before you start KDE or Gnome.

Personally, I think it is a bug in SUSE 9.1 that the keyboard
definition used during the installation is not automatically written
to XF86Config.

I had the same problem with the Swedish keyboard. Moreover, the
Swedish keyboard selection didn't work for the default installation.
It worked for the manual installation.

--
A.M.