RE: [SLE] Migrating from Mandrake to Suse
  • From: "Luiz Carlos" <luizbrz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:37:51 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Juergen, I installed SuSE linux 9.1 in my computer with Mandrake 9.2... I cannot say that had a good experience, some mistakes started to happen in the initialization of Mandrake. Why didn't I care am now very attracted by SuSE. In every case I advise that you try, SuSE Linux is excellent, with certainty you will forget Mandrake. I forgot... :) regards --- On Fri 05/28, Juergen Harms - Desktop &lt; juergen.harms@xxxxxxxxxxxx &gt; wrote:From: Juergen Harms - Desktop [mailto: juergen.harms@xxxxxxxxxxxx]To: suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:14:50 +0200Subject: [SLE] Migrating from Mandrake to SuseI am preparing to migrate from Mandrake to Suse. Initially, I intend to run Suse on a small partition in parallel to "production" Mandrake and a w2k partition, using lilo dual boot.That works fine between different versions of Mandrake if I create corresponding entries in /etc/lilo.conf and putting symbolic links between the partitions in /boot (/boot/vmlinuz an
d /boot/initrd.img). I guess for Suse something similar will be possible, so that I can switch between Mandrake and Suse partitions at boot.A simple secondary consideration: preparing this "action" I tried to have a look at the Suse Linux mailing list, but had problems to do intelligent searches. I ended up using Goggle "Advanced Search" with "Suse Linux English Discussion" for "exact phrase" in addition to the search topic.Questions:- Does anybody have positive/negative experience with this kind of dual boot between Linux flavours?- Is there a more straightforward to search method for Suse lists than the round-about Advanced Google Search?-- Check the headers for your unsubscription addressFor additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxxxxxx check the archives at http://lists.suse.comPlease read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@xxxxxxxx

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
  • No further messages