Re: [SLE] mount: RPC: program not registered [fixed]
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:23:39 -0400
Felix Miata wrote:

> I get the subject message instead of success trying to mount my exported
> 9.0 directory on my 8.2 box. /etc/exports is the same on both boxes
> (/home/downloads *(ro,root_squash,sync)). chkconfig portmap is on.
> chkconfig nfs is on. /var/log/messages says request from unauthorized
> host. Why? What have I forgotten to cause this "unauthorized" access?

Found it. I forgot to fixup the copy of /etc/hosts.allow from the 8.2
box, so its IP was missing from the list. :-p
--
"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every
opportunity." Colossians 4:5 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/