Re: [SLE] SuSEwatcher and updates
  • From: Stephen Boddy <stephen.boddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:39:52 +0100
On Wednesday 26 May 2004 23:07, David Bottrill wrote:
> On Thursday 27 May 2004 22:44, Bryan Sawyer wrote:
> > Have you tried a different update side? -Bryan
>
> I have an update mirror on one of my servers which I use and I must admit I
> thought I had set SuSEwatcher to check with one of the other sites but
> obviously I hadn't. Setting YOU to gwdg.de as the download site now works -
> silly me.
>
> Next question does anybody know what file I need to mirror on my server to
> get this working from my mirror ?

If memory serves, you need to mirror the update folder (minus the src rpms if
you want to save space) for the version of suse you use. For me from a UK
mirror it would be:

ftp://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/update/9.1

However, the directory you enter into YOU may need a bit of trial and error. I
think it is everything up to suse inclusive.

--
Steve Boddy

< Previous Next >