Re: [SLE] Telnet
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 00:03:06 +0100
Martin Mielke wrote:

Hi,

Bona Craig wrote:

Hi guys, I just got back to linux after a REALLY long
excursion in the UNIX world, and everything seems to
have changed. Can anyone please tell me how to enable
my telnet service again? I remember on redhat there
was this "setup" utility

You need telnet-server to be installed. It's on the SuSE CDs...

But I'd recommend you (sure others will also do) to install/use ssh instead, as telnet is insecure.

Martin

Thanks
Bona

Even your passwords get sent as plain text with telnet, I always use ssh.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.

< Previous Next >