Re: [SLE] Some busted screensavers
  • From: Jerome Lyles <susemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:37:43 -1000
On Wednesday 26 May 2004 09:36 pm, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Thursday 27 May 2004 08.49, Jerome Lyles wrote:
> > >
> > > Works out of the box for me, what happens when you try it?
> >
> > Nothing happens when I hit 'setup' or the blank screen module is
> > activated when I hit 'test' if I use the blanck screen module before I
> > set slideshow as my screensaver. Also I've used locate and find to
> > search for slideshow but haven't found it.
>
> It's /opt/kde3/bin/kslideshow.kss
>
> Make sure kdeartwork3 is installed, then try running kslideshow.kss
> manually from a command line and see what happens

Kdeartwork3 is installed. Here's what happens:

:~> /opt/kde3/bin/kslideshow.kss
Aborted

Root owns this file. So I tried:

:~> sux
Password:
# /opt/kde3/bin/kslideshow.kss
kslideshow.kss: cannot connect to X server linux.local:0.0

So I logged out and logged in as root:

linux:~# /opt/kde3/bin/kslideshow.kss
Segmentation fault
linux:~#