Re: [SLE] installing soundfonts with yast in SuSE 9.1
  • From: John Lamb <J.D.Lamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 20:31:58 +0100
eddie wrote:
I have a soundblaster live value card. It is detected and installed okay, except for the soundfonts. Has anyone been successful in installing soundfonts in SuSE 9.1? In yast, it fails to find any soundfonts from the AWE cd. It worked fine in SuSE 9.0

The following worked for me.

Copy the soundfonts from the CD to /usr/share/sfbank/creative/ There are three standard files: 2GMGSMT.SF2, 4GMGSMT.SF2 and 8MBGMSFX.SF2. I don't know if these are located in a standard place on the CD.

Make a symbolic link:
# cd /usr/share/sfbank/creative/
# ln -s default.sf2 8MBGMSFX.SF2

--