Re: [SLE] Desktop Sharing
  • From: Silviu Marin-Caea <silviu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:44:47 +0300
Dan Weisenstein wrote:
Is there any way to set desktop sharing so that the "shared desktop" does not have to "accept" the connection? I have a server with kde installed and I'd like to be able to do a desktop share. I've unchecked "Confirm uninvited connections .." under Options on the server, but a confirmation dialog still pops up, and until it's answered, nothing progresses.

There is an option at installation, VNC Remote Administration.

To activate after installation, use YaST, Network Services, Remote Administration.

It way better that starting KDE and letting it take up RAM all the time.

With this method, KDE is started only when you connect and login. Then, when you're done, you logout and KDE is shut down.