Re: [SLE] subversion -- I can't get it to work -- SOLVED
  • From: Robert Paulsen <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 21:16:22 -0500
To all who responded to me -- Thanks! Based on hints from your responses I was
able to track down the problems.

Here was my first problem
===============
I created a subversion.conf file and put it in the /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d
directory. WRONG!

What's needed is to put subversion.conf in /etc/apache2 and
update /etc/sysconfig/apache2 to contain the line:

APACHE_CONF_INCLUDE_FILES="subversion.conf"

which will cause the proper include directive to be created.

THIS WAS NOT DESCRIBED properly in the README.SuSE file which simply said to
put subversion.conf in /etc/apache2 and made no mention of
APACHE_CONF_INCLUDE_FILES. (I moved it to sysconfig.d when it didn't work
where it was.)

Here was my second problem
VERY IMPORTANT! You need to install subversion-server even if you don't plan
on using it! It contains the module mod_dav_svn.so for use by Apache.

--
Robert C. Paulsen, Jr.
robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx