Re: [SLE] 9.1 Personal not worth it
  • From: Mike <mikedl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 21:18:20 -0400
On Wednesday 26 May 2004 19:52, Brooks wrote:
> Part of the reason I like Gnome

From surveys that I have seen, the vast majority of SuSE users prefer KDE to
Gnome. I know very few long-term SuSE people who prefer Gnome. I doubt the
recent wave of RedHat refugees have changed that balance much.

For the main SuSE userbase, the Personal version may be a lower cost way to
get the SuSE core. You don't fit that group and it's too bad you didn't get
the edition that suited you, but that doesn't mean it is "not worth it".