9.1 Personal not worth it
  • From: Brooks <brooksfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:52:40 -0500
If you're thinking about getting 9.1 just spend the extra money and buy 9.1
Professional "upgrade". It seems like I can't load anything up because 9.1
personal seems to lack a lot of libraries and other things that are likely in
9.1 Professional; especially since professional has a lot more software.
Part of the reason I like Gnome is because of the applets that you can put in
the toolbars, like weather and dictionary. I can't seem to load the kde
versions of these because I don't have the dependencies required for these
apps, and I can't get them off of my installation cd because they're not on
it (yes, I've tried). I wish SuSE had stuck with what they had going. The
extra ten bucks to get Gnome and a couple other windowmanagers was worth it.