Re: [SLE] 9.1 and no sound
  • From: Bob Rea <gapetard@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 19:11:09 -0400
On Wednesday 26 May 2004 08:35 am, Jostein Berntsen wrote:
> On 26.05.04,13:21, David Chapman wrote:
> > I have freshly installed 9.1 on my box that previously had
> > 9.0 on it. My sound card is a Creative Labs CT4380 (SB live)
> > no sound apart from hiss emanates from it.
> > I've done alsaconf from the command line but all I get is a
> > hideous screaming. All worked fine in 9.0
>
> Run 'alsamixer' and mute all channels with m. Then unmute one
> by one till you get to the screaming one. Mute that one and
> try sound afterwards.

Jostein, would one of these setting affect playing a cd or
streaming audio? In 8.1 if i clicked on play in a live365
station, I would be offered to open the stream in xmms. This no
longer happens. and none of the cd players can find the cd to
play.

--
Bob Rea
mailto:gapetard@xxxxxxxxxx

Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its
students.

< Previous Next >