Re: [SLE] 9.1 and lack of Gnome
  • From: Mobeen Azhar <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:35:11 -0500
Try this:

echo $DISPLAY

This will give you the proper value of DISPLAY.

Then do:

xhost +
su - root
DISPLAY=(Here put in the value of DISPLAY given by the topmost command)
export DISPLAY
wget -q -o - http://go.ximian.com | sh

--Moby

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. -- Pastor Martin Niemöller