CHROOT, SSH, and SuSE 9.0 Professional
  • From: "Anthony Brock" <Anthony_Brock@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:00:09 -0700
I would like to add the CHROOT patch to SSH from http://chrootssh.sourceforge.net/index.php . However, this would be my first attempt to "recompile" a previously installed package on my SuSE 9.0 Professional machine. Initially, I thought of:

1. Download the SRPM.
2. Install the SRPM, patch, reconfigure and compile.
3. Install the new binaries.
4. Document for the next time I update with 'yast2'.

However, the downloaded SRPM (openssh-3.7.1p2-113.src.rpm) appears to contain only a series of "diff" files. So, my questions are:

Is the "best" approach to download openssh-3.7.1p2 source code, apply all diffs, and then proceed with the CHROOT patches?
Or is it best to download openssh-3.8.1p1 and patch this code with the CHROOT patches?

Also, any idea why this patch (or a similar one) isn't included by default? Thanks!

Tony

  • No further messages