Re: [SLE] video recording programs?
  • From: John <yonaton@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:27:22 -0500
On Wednesday 26 May 2004 13:14, Leen de Braal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need a solution for kind of a time-lapse recording, using a bt848-chip
> capturecard.
> This card preferrably has to be placed in a serverbox (so no X), which has
> to record a maximum of say 7 days of captured video of an analog camera, in
> a fileformat, that can be looked at with a winxp workstation.
> Nice features like movementdetection are welcome. Is there anybody here who
> can suggest something?
>
> TIA
>
> Leen

Hi Leen,

Motion comes to mind, but I can't answer much more for you. Go to the link
and take a look at it. The mailing list is extremely active but still stays
fairly small, so you won't get bombarded with 500 a day.
The maintainer is very helpful and it looks as if Motion has a few more
programmers now helping, so it's really been taking off like a rocket lately.

<http://www.lavrsen.dk/>

John