9.1 - pwc, pwcx and the webcam...
  • From: Joe Sullivan <firechild@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 20:27:03 +0200
Hey,

Been using the pwcx kernel module ( http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/ ) since
the 8.0 days for my webcam, without issue.

Now with the new kernel in SUSE 9.1, I can't seem to figure out how to use it.
The pwc module is required primarily for pwcx to be usable. Pwc was included
with the kernel in 2.4, but now with 2.6 it doesn't seem to be there, at
least not in the SUSE version.

Which makes pwcx worthless.

Now with the 2.4 kernel, all I had to do was put a copy of pwcx.o in the
kernel modules dir, do a couple abracadabras on the command line with
modprobe and insmod, and it just worked.

I have no clue where to start with this new kernel. Especially with pwc
apparently missing. I've tried downloading the stuff marked for the 2.6
kernel from the above link, and I just don't know what to do with it.

Has anyone gotten pwc(x) module(s) working on their SUSE 9.1 system? If so,
could you please post a step-by-step?

Thanks,
Joe

  • No further messages