Re: [SLE] Which version of Suse for these task ?
  • From: Martin Mielke <martin.mielke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:26:48 +0200

Hi Jean

Jean LEE wrote:

Hello all,

I am new to Suse and relatively new to Linux.

I would like to put Linux on a x386 PC. The task of this station would be :
- work as a router (sharing an internet connection) for my internal LAN,
- work as a firewall for my internal LAN,
- work as a print server, cvs server,... for my internal LAN.

Can I do it with "Suse Linux 9.0" or do I have to buy "Suse Standard Server"?

If I buy Suse Standard Server, did I have to pay every year ?

SuSE 9.0 Pro is more than enough for the tasks you described. Just go for it! ;)

Martin