Re: [SLE] GTK font problems in SUSE 9.1
  • From: "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 03:48:19 -0700

I find the gnome-settings-daemon is more trouble than it's worth, as then it
starts screwing with your mouse settings, etc. Getting fonts to match up
between the two desktops is hard enough without bringing all the other
settings into the equation.

Why not try this:
Control Center -> Appearance & Themes -> Colors in the Control Center and
enable the checkbox "Apply colors to non-KDE applications".

Then append the text:

#
# Added by Taff to control gtk apps font-size without the
# f$%^king gnome-settings-daemon...
#
style "defaultfont"
{
font_name = "Nimbus Sans L 8"
}
widget_class "*" style "defaultfont"

# End Taff

to the file /home/$USER/.kde/share/config/gtkrc

Save the file, then change the permissions so it is _not_ writable by anyone
(read-only). This is needed because kde will try to overwrite it at each
login.

This will set the default font for all gtk2 apps (not sure about gtk1 apps).

Regards,
Mark