Re: [SLE] System Crashes after YOU update
  • From: Martin Mielke <martin.mielke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 09:28:33 +0200
Coen Verkuyl wrote:

[ snip ]

Did you do a memtest?
I also had a system that was suddenly very unstable.
First I also removed the "desktop-entry", this didn't help.
After that I did the memtest86 (on the install-cd) and found out that one (almost brand new) memory device was broken. Replaced it and now it's very stable

Hope this helps,

memtest has been running all night long... when I came to work it was on pass 6 without errors. It will be running the whole day till I'm back home... but I guess that the RAM is not the problem...

Before launching memtest the system was up in graphical mode running KDE 3.1 ... and whoops! KDE crashes with a SIG11 :-(
I'll try with KDE 3.2.2 before reinstalling from scratch... but, IMHO, this shouldn't be the solution.

Thoughts?

Martin