Re: [SLE] 9.1 and lack of Gnome
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 07:23:37 +0100
> Anyway, if anyone knows a good way to get Gnome for 9.1 without buying
> 9.1 professional, I'm open for ideas.

Wait for the FTP version to come out, and appear on the apt
repositories, then install apt, apt-libs and lua from
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/apt/SuSE/9.1-i386/RPMS.suser-rbos/ and
do either:

apt-get update && apt-get install gnome*

or, since I'll have ULB GNOME ready and available by then (sorry it's
taking so long folks, other things eating my time at the moment...):

apt-get update && at-get install ulb-gnome

James
--
James Ogley, UNIX Systems Administrator, Pinnacle Insurance Plc
james.ogley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx +44 (0) 20 8731 3619 www.pinnacle.co.uk