Re: [SLE] What Happened Last Night?
  • From: Terry Eck <terry_eck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 21:02:24 -0500

John Andersen wrote:
On Tuesday 25 May 2004 12:08, Donald D Henson wrote:

I use the YaST Automatic Online Update and I like it a lot. Using it
gets me all the updates as soon as they are released and I don't even
have to install them. However, sometimes it would be nice to know what
changed last night. Can I set up a log file that just watches for YOU
updates and nothing else? A romp thru the admin manual was no help. Any
suggestions will be appreciated.

Don Henson

I used that on 8.2 for some time.
All of sudden some things begin to fail, missing libraries
etc. Mark my words Don, you will come to regret using
that thing blindly.

YOU was working great on my 8.2 for the longest time until recently
it updated the kernel, modified files in /boot but did not install
/boot/initrd as well as other problems. Result is I could not reboot
and had to restore my system. Very disappointing :(

--
SuSE Linux 8.2 (i586) ---- 2.4.20-4GB-athlon --- Tue 05/25/04 20:55
8:55pm up 3 days 0:51, 4 users, load average: 0.26, 0.19, 0.18

< Previous Next >