pointers for starting netatalk in 9.1
  • From: "Douglas Carnall" <dougie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 23:05:30 +0100
Hi,

I want to be able to see my my SuSE 9.1 on Intel's filesystem for my
client Macs.

netatalk 1.6.4-51 is installed and runs fine as per the manual

# rcatalk start

# rcatalk status
Checking for atalk services
papd: OK afpd: OK timelord: No process atalkd: OK

and I can log into my home directory from OS 9 or X.

Good enough. Now I want it to happen at boot time without me thinking
about it ever again.

The manual claims that I should edit /etc/init.d/netatalk but this
file|directory does not exist.

Any clue where I can get a suitable startup script? Or to I need to roll
one myself by hand? I'm sure it worked out of the box in previous
incarnations of sooz and and I know that this would be very
straightforward in Slackware.

So what gives? Any pointers gratefully accepted.

D.

--
Douglas Carnall
+44 (0) 7900 212 881