Re: [SLE] 9.1 Personal and Gnome
  • From: Lars Norén <lars.noren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 23:57:04 +0200
Are you sure personal edition comes with Gnome? I don't think it does -- only professional edition comes with Gnome.

/Lars

Brooks wrote:
Ok, so my 9.1 personal came in today and I immediately took the Nestea plunge. Now I've got 9.1 loaded and I cannot for the life of me log into anything but KDE. I know I loaded the Gnome desktop, I checked it in YaST. I also changed my settings in the sysconfig files to make Gnome my default desktop and turned off auto-login. When I reboot and log in using kdm or gdm, I get no option to use any different window manager. I can only enter my username and password and it takes me directly to KDE. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get to Gnome?

Thanks