Re: [SLE] 9.1 Personal and Gnome
  • From: Brooks <brooksfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:08:49 -0500
On Tuesday 25 May 2004 14:59, Anders Johansson wrote:

> Log in and run "rpm -q kdebase3-kdm" or "rpm -q gdm" to see if kdm or gdm
> are even installed.

KDM is installed and gdm is not. I have kdm set as my default manager but I
still get no button, menu, or otherwise to choose Gnome, KDE, or anything
else.

It's like the computer thinks that kde is the only window manager loaded. I'm
sure I'm missing something. The gnome directory exists right next to kde
in /opt. I know it's there. I'll try a different file manager and see if
that works (though I doubt it will).