Re: [SLE] Oddities with KDE? (Gnome user)
  • From: Thom nuzum <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:36:07 -0400
On Tuesday 25 May 2004 07:33, John Pettigrew wrote:
> I've just switched to SUSE 9.1 and am investigating the new KDE. However,
> there are a few things that seem not to be intuitive and I was wondering if
> anyone could tell me how to do them.
>
> 1) If I create a new button on the toolbar for an app from the main menu
> (e.g. JPilot) then I appear not to be able to change its icon because of
> insufficient permissions. In Gnome, I can change icons to whatever I want -
> is this not possible in KDE?

Ive noticed that if I add a copy of an application to the desktop I can change
the icon with properties, but if I choose the option link here it will not
let me change the icon.
Another thought: Why are so many icons missing for applications in the KDE
menu? I know abiworh used to have one, but it did not show up after the yast
install.

--
Thom Nuzum
thom@xxxxxxxxxxx