Changing ext3 fsck check interval
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 07:01:22 +0200
Reading the June issue of Linuxmagazine I see that the fsck check
interval can be altered with the -i switch, however after looking at my
man page for e2fsck I did not see such a switch.

What I would like to do is change how often the fsck happens on my 2.4
kernel 9.0 system. Is this perhaps something that is changed in the
fstab file or is there another file I can look at and edit so that each
time the system boots it will check if a fsck needs to be performed.

Besides Google, where can I find some more information on my local machine?

TIA
Hylton Conacher - Licenced Windows user
Registered Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
Currently using SuSE 9.0 Professional with KDE 3.1