VRML viewer with Mozilla 1.7x
  • From: Martin Mielke <martin.mielke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 18:17:32 +0200
Hi all,

I found this usefull page to install a VRML plugin to be used with Mozilla:

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialMozillaConfiguration.html

I downloaded/installed FreeWRL (RPM version) from http://www.crc.ca/html/FreeWRL/downloads/freewrl/ without problems. Only I had to sym-link from /usr/lib/netscape/plugins/npfreewrl.so to /usr/local/mozilla/plugins and it seems to be detected by the browser, as 'about:plugins' shows:
---
FreeWRL VRML Browser

File name: npfreewrl.so
Implements VRML for Netscape

MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
x-world/x-vrml FreeWRL VRML Browser wrl Yes
model/vrml FreeWRL VRML Browser wrl Yes

---

but when I try to render a VRML-page, such as http://vancouver-webpages.com/plugins/vrml-demo.html, Mozilla crashes.

Which VRML-viewer is recommended to be used together with Mozilla 1.7x? Did I forget anything to install the plugin?

Thanks,
Martin