Re: [SLE] Network Browsing
  • From: Luis-Miguel Astudillo <lm.astudillo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:06:23 -0400
Hi Marshall,

Sorry to hear that it does it to you too.

I posted a support call with Suse regarding this matter. Will see how efficient support is.

I'll take it one problem at the time from now on.

Rgds,

Luis-M.

Marshall Heartley wrote:

Hi Marshall,

Hello again.

Does your Windows XP requires a user name and >password to connect ?

It didn't but I changed it to see if I can replicate the issue.

I have tried it on an another Samba server where a user name and
password is required and it crashes. The same happens when connecting
either to a WIndows PC or Windows server configured as a standalone.

Well after getting my WinXP box to want logins, I get the same issue that
everyone else gets.

The smb client suddenly dies.

Darn, I thought that I was going to have the oddball system in which
everything just works!

Marshall

regards,

Luis-M.

Marshall Heartley wrote:

Hi Marshall,

Hi Louis

Browsing is not problem, the problem is connecting and login into a
machine listed in Konqueror.

I can not only look at the shares, I can retrieve info from the remote
machine as well, browser folders, etc.

Another words, I can do this as easily as I can in Windows.

The remote machine that I am accessing is a WinXP Pro box on a

workgroup.

Marshall