Re: GTK font problems in SUSE 9.1
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:08:33 +0100
In a previous message, James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 14:28, John Pettigrew wrote:
> > However, when I run Firefox (from 9.1 or my previous gtk2+xft version)
>
> Although Firefox (and Mozilla, and Thunderbird) are built with GTK+ as the
> underlying toolkit, the interface is done in XUL

But I never saw this problem using SuSE 8.2, so I was hoping to get firefox
back the way it was.

> > or GnuCash (gtk1 only),
>
> Did you configure the GTK1 font as well as the GTK2 one?
>
> (Run gnomecc and select the Theme Selector to do this)

Yup :)

Aha. Suddenly remembered that thing about needing to have
gnome-settings-daemon running when using KDE, and that solved the firefox
problem. GnuCash still does its own thing, though :-/

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fun : Strategy : Price