Re: [SLE] System Crashes after YOU update
  • From: peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:33:13 +0100
On Tuesday 25 May 2004 11:13, Martin Mielke wrote:
> Jostein Berntsen wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>
> >You might also try to reinstall the original 9.0 kernel if you
> > have patched that earlier.
>
> Yes, that damn YOU-thing also patched the kernel...
>
> Furthermore, another symptom now is that the 3D-acceleration
> can't be turned on... althoug I already downloaded/installed
> the patch/driver/module from nvidia.com for my (yes, old)
> RivaTNT some months ago the system now says that I should run
> SaX2 (already done n-times!) after that driver has been
> installed - everything worked fine until I did the last
> recommended online update... #%&@$!!!
>

> Martin

Have you checked that the Kernel sources were also updated you is
good at just updating the the running modules but leaving the
complete sources out and no full source tree no Nvidia 3D driver
been there and gotten bitten by you thats why i now do it all by
hand at least i know what has and has not been done ..

Pete

--
G6NJR Pete otherwise known as "Quinton 11"

A Linux Only area Happy bug hunting M$ clan

< Previous Next >