Re: [SLE] RE: Ticket [20040519430002952] e100 module parameters
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:42:44 +0200
* Frederic Soulier; <frederic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 25 May, 2004 wrote:
On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 10:32, Simon Oliver wrote:

Coming from distros with a really open development process I'm a bit
puzzled by the SuSE way...
- Novell opens up SuSE bugzilla, invites community to beta test
future releases (ala Mandrake/Fedora) and sets up a development
web site & wiki WOULD BE really nice :)
(in time for 9.2 would be cool)

SuSE is not Fedora or Mandrake look at Redhat which had open betas and
ISO downloads. At the end, RedHat said fine and initiated the Fedora
project where people can play with the new code zilla the bugs however
RedHat turn into a closed beta system concentrationg on the core
business.

IMHO SuSE way of doing the beta test and limiting the bugzilla access to
a few is better way of quality control. When beta test is open to the
general public then resources can be spent on bugzilla entries which are
not actual bugs or posts of questions which are not relevant to beta
purposes.

I strongly believe SUSE should keep the beta procedure as it is now, not
that I am involved with the beta test but now I have better
understanding of the German way of doing business which is based on
technology.

--

Togan Muftuoglu |
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer | Please reply to the list;

Nisi defectum, haud refiecendum