RE: [SLE] RE: Ticket [20040519430002952] e100 module parameters
  • From: Frederic Soulier <frederic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:45:35 +0100
On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 10:32, Simon Oliver wrote:
> I tried to format the root partition using ext3 but it said that there was
> an error - did I want to continue anyway. I went to a console and used
> mkfs.ext3 on the partition then went back and said yes - all worked fine.
>
> Regarding XFS - this is a known bug now:
>
> http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/04/91_xfsfix.html
>
> I have reported these problems to SuSE but got no response. I haven't had
> time to submit a bug report yet (will do as soon as I get chance) but SuSE
> "assure" me that I won't get any response when I do submit a bug report -
> hence my message to suse-line-e - they basically said that SuSE Pro was a
> home user product and as long as dial-up works they are not interested in
> supporting any other type of networking.

Coming from distros with a really open development process I'm a bit
puzzled by the SuSE way...

So my **worthless** 2 pence are:
- Novell releases YAST under the GPL --- check
- Novell releases Ximian Connector under the GPL --- check

- Novell opens up SuSE bugzilla, invites community to beta test
future releases (ala Mandrake/Fedora) and sets up a development
web site & wiki WOULD BE really nice :)
(in time for 9.2 would be cool)

--
Frederic Soulier <frederic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>