Re: [SLE] journalist need some help
  • From: Mirko Perak <m.perak@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 21:57:01 +0200

> Hmmm.... The system is seeing the camera when you plug it in correct?

I have run hwinfo in Terminal, with camera connected to USB and got these
messages:

41: USB 00.0: 10600 Disk
[Created at usb.120]
Unique ID: cLrx.pg4fhkNS+GB
Parent ID: k4bc.Z85BtXc5n8F
SysFS ID: /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:04.2/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0
SysFS BusID: 1-2:1.0
Hardware Class: disk
Model: "Fuji Photo Film USB Mass Storage"
Hotplug: USB
Vendor: usb 0x04cb "Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd."
Device: usb 0x011a "USB Mass Storage"
Revision: "10.00"
Serial ID: "Y-407^^^^^021002XFPX0003003497"
Driver: "usb-storage"
Speed: 1.5 Mbps
Config Status: cfg=no, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown
Attached to: #39 (Hub)

> > > Basically submount scans the directories where the removable
> > > media mounts to. If you for example do a cd into the directory
> > > that is used for your CD ROM to mount to, submount will
> > > automatically mount the media for you.
> >
> > Maybe I will need directory ¨camera¨ at /media/ directory. There is
> > no one, do I need to make it?
>
> Should be no need. Hotplug with submount should take care of that.
> If the camera is seen by the system by hotplug and submount in turn
> sees the device as a USB drive and "mounts" it for use. So somewhere
> it seems that either hotplug or submount is not seeing the camera.

I have created directory /camera at directory /media, and tried to mount
camera manually, guessed that it is /dev/sdb1 because my USB flash disk is
attached and it is /dev/sda1
But, Terminal sey '/dev/sdb1 is not a valid block device' maybe it is
not /dev/sdb1, but how to find what is?

Mirko

< Previous Next >