RE: [SLE] Upgrading methods
  • From: Ben Higginbottom <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 18:23:18 +0100

>With 9.1 on the way, what have most of you found to be the best way to
>install it? Simply upgrade via YaST or a completely fresh install
>(wiping out 9.0 and reformatting, etc.)?

Boot from the DVD/CD and select upgrade existing installation worked for a
few of my machines (didnt do so good with fedora 2 though, probably as a
result of a few of my 'tweaks'). The yast option is certainly something to
try but I'm a bit suspicious of it due to a bad experience a while back.

Doing a fresh install isnt really necessary unless you want to change your
disk partitions and so on. Either way backup your home directory first.

Regards,

Ben

  • No further messages