Re: [SLE] APL
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 10:02:25 +0200
On Sunday 23 May 2004 21:34, John Lamb wrote:
(snip)

> The download didn't include and xemacs stuff, though I got kapl.ttf and
> a+ isntalled. Can you say where I can get the xemacs stuff?
>
> > As to the readability of Python vs APL: always remember that to a Chinese
> > Chinese characters are better readable than our Latin alphabet.
>
> Perhaps:
>
> âáîÍÄ-*+ÏÓ«ß!÷ô­~èç¸ð?ÉÏ
>
> --
> JDL

In Suse 9.0 Pro XEmacs is included, I'm not sure about 9.0 Personal. But if
you don't have it, you can obtain it from the suse ftp site.

If you don't like a+ (it's not for purists) you also could try:
http://www.microapl.co.uk/apl/
that is more like classic APL.

As to your (admittedly very convincing) last argument I don't know what to
say... It's neither Latin, nor APL nor (they say) Chinese :-)

Best regards,
--
Jos van Kan

< Previous Next >