Re: [SLE] Upgrading methods
  • From: Sid Boyce <sboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 03:17:08 +0100
Jack Brooks wrote:

With 9.1 on the way, what have most of you found to be the best way to
install it? Simply upgrade via YaST or a completely fresh install
(wiping out 9.0 and reformatting, etc.)?

I've never tried upgrading via YaST and recent posts here suggests it's not the way to do it, I gather it does not get recognised as 9.1. The favoured method is to boot from CD/DVD and chose the INSTALL/UPGRADE option, making sure you do not reformat your partitions. I've always used this method and most recently to upgrade 3 boxes from 9.0 to 9.1 (both x86 and x86_64).
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.