Interesting thing in KDE
  • From: Tibor Endredy <neongod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 23:29:18 +0200

Hm. I found something interesting in KDE 3.2.x.
If you switch off the "Automatically line up icons" in Configure Desktop /
File icons menu, you will be able to reproduce this thing. Just select two or
more icons and drag them down and place them when the lowest icon is out of
the screen. if you release the mouse button, the auto line up will not
replace the icons to fit your desktop, so the lowest icon will be invisible.
How can you get it back? It's easy, just hold down the left mouse button and
drag the selection rectangle down, out of the screen, and it will scroll!!
So all of the icons out of the screen will be visible now.

For me this feature is a little bit annoying (often if I download files to the
desktop, they are placed automatically out of the desktop, so I have to use
this ugly scrolling feature)

Is this really a feature???

It Cannot be switched off?? Is this a KDE or an X feature/bug?

if you know something about this, please don't hold back your infos :)

regards

Tibor