Re: [SLE] Why does USB drive mount automagically?
  • From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 21:27:52 +0200
On Sunday 23 May 2004 19:58, Tims Suse List wrote:

> Does anybody know how i get the machine to mount the usb-storage so
> that ordinary users can write to the card?

Good question. It appears to be in the hotplug script somewhere, but I'm
not that familiar with scripts or programming to tackle it. Personally
I don't like the subfs. I much prefer the action in 9.0 where it was
recognized by hotplug, and the icon appeared on the desktop. I could
drag files to it for transport. Now I have to find it in the "my
computer" folder, and now I find out I can't write to it! Just plain
silly. If there is someone from SUSE on the list that can explain the
reasoning for this I'd love to hear it. Subfs would be great if there
was a way to turn it off for those that didn't want it.

just my $.02 worth

Mike