Re: [SLE] Opera 7
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 12:35:13 -0400
On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 09:34, Russ wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to give Opera a try so I downloaded it from their site and
> installed it. However, it doesn't seem to want to run. I click the icon
> and it appears to be trying to start but it eventually just quits. No
> error messages of any kind. Anyone have any idea what the problem is??
>
> If it matters I am running SuSE 9.0

I like Opera but installing it seems to be too much fun. I've gotten
the 7.11 QT-Static-linked to install and run, but Synaptic looks at it
as being a broken package and wants to remove it. I'd suggest that you
open a shell and type in "Opera" (without the quotes) and read what is
reported there.

Mike