Re: [SLE] NTFS, FAT and dual boot
  • From: Thom nuzum <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 11:44:39 -0400

On Sunday 23 May 2004 11:34, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On Sun, 23 May 2004 16:57:03 +0200
>
> Janus Sandsgaard <lister@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sunday 23 May 2004 15:17, James Knott wrote:
> > > If you have to work with XP, one thing you can do, is create a FAT32
> > > partition and move the "My Documents" folder there. This makes it a
> > > lot easier to share files between the two sides.
> >
> > It is possible to use tools in WinXP to split the (active)
> > NTFS-partition up in two partions (one NTFS; one FAT32) using tools in
> > XP and then do the "My documents" trick?
>
> Partition Magic and similar products (including qtparted) will do this.

I have always had a My Doc folder on dsktop as well as My graphics/pictures
so I can use Gimp in Linux which is way more stable, then I boot into Windows
and use my Web editor..Haven't messed with Quanta yet.
Have found it almost impossible to create a fat 32 on some boxes without a
hard disk utility. Many of them come with a new hard drive in the advanced
feature setup will do fat 32.

--
Thom Nuzum
thom@xxxxxxxxxxx