Re: [SLE] Converting MH to KMail (maildir)
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 11:31:58 -0400
On Sun, 23 May 2004 16:45:18 +0200
Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can't find anything specific to maildir, but sylpheed has an "export
> to mbox" feature, and kmail can handle mbox files. In kmail, you can
> then convert from mbox to maildir

Yes, but that could also be tedious since I have nearly 500 mh
directories. I can easily write a script to create the maildir
subdirectories (such as new, cur, tmp). The issue is to create the index
files:
eg.
.inbox.index and .inbox.index.ids

I've found a couple of tools:
Sylpheed2Maildir and mh2maildir transformator
These are apparently simple shell scripts.

The other issue is to convert my .procmailrc. Currently it delivers
email to the appropriate mh directory using rcvstore, but this should be
relatively simple since maildir is designed to handle multiple
concurrent inputs.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group