Re: [SLE] php no longer working
  • From: Greg Engel <genge1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 11:01:03 -0400
On Saturday 22 May 2004 3:43 pm, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I had php pages working on my local Apache2 server, but after a recent
> Apache upgrade, Apache runs and I see the Apache page at
> http://localhost, but my phpinfo.php page at
> http://localhost/phpinfo.php no longer renders. Pointing to that page
> shows nothing (never leaves the page it's on).

I would make a simple php page. Maybe just a echo "Hello<BR>" in it.

I assume you did load the php modules during install. I also noticed in the /
srv/www/htdocs dir there are no php files. I thought by default apache2 would
not run scripts unless told it was OK.

You may need to add an option in the config file for the root directory.

Hope I gave any clues. I will say that I had no trouble moving from apache1 to
apache2 except that in apache2 the Alias lines must go in order of
specificity. However, all my stuff goes into its own directory replacing the
htdocs.

Greg Engel