Re: [SLE] Disabling password logon-SOLVED
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 07:24:06 +0200
From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: SLE <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 07:58:49 +0200
Subject: [SLE] Disabling password logon

I will be on holiday soon and unfortunately away from my PC. I, however
have a fantastic opportunity at introducing linux to my parents as they
have agreed to check and download my email over that time.

What I would like to do automatically logon my defined user on the SuSE
9.0 system when the system is powered on ie without them having to login. When I return I will re-enable the password logon. I am sure I saw something like this displayed when I did the initial installation but browsing through the YAST options and the help file didn't yield
any useful results, although it is possible I missed it.

Could someone point me in the right direction.

KDE-control-center -->System Administration-->Login Manager-->Convenience

Ken
Tnx Ken, That was just the thing I had seen but had just forgotten about with so many tools under YAST. Hope there is more integration of the Control=centre into YAST in future releases.

--
The Little Helper
Hylton Conacher - Licenced Windows user