Re: [SLE] Could Not Create Swap Partition
  • From: "Mark A. Taff" <marktaff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 23:17:39 -0700
On Saturday 22 May 2004 10:48 pm, cygnia@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Should I be concerned about this message during a fresh install on a brand
> new hard drive? I have 1GB of physical memory. How necessary is the swap
> partition? Thanks for any pointers.
>
> Bryce Hardy (Santa Rosa, CA USA)
> cygnia@xxxxxxxxx
I'm running 9.1 on a box with 1GiB of memory. I do have a 1 GiB /swap as
well, however, my machine never uses it. I really put this machine through
its paces with development work, and I can't seem to run out of ram (except
for the odd memory leak(s) in buggy programs).

If the machine works OK, I wouldn't worry about it.

Regards,

Mark