Re: [SLE] SMTP and incomming mail -- PROBLEMS??
  • From: "John N. Alegre" <listhub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 17:13:31 -0500 (CDT)
Thanks for your continued comments Mike,

Hosts is only used as a DNS replacement. It is not used at all on incomming
packets. What you suggest should have no effect on incomming smtp. All
outgoing mail works fine.

As far as HOSTNAME, I think, someone correct me if I am wrong, that since I
have a static IP on the net 24/7 via DSL that the entry in HOSTNAME for
machine.domainname is correct.

john