Re: [SLE] SMTP and incomming mail -- PROBLEMS??
  • From: Mike Kenzie <kenziem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 17:23:58 -0400

On Saturday 22 May 2004 15:30, John N. Alegre wrote:
> Mike,
>
> On 22-May-04 Mike Kenzie wrote:
> > this sound related to my problem 'postfix and kmail'
> >
> > What is in /etc/HOSTNAME
> > and /etc/hosts?
>
> I am far from an expert on this but I don't think either of these files
> have anything to do with receiving or delivering mail on a smtp port via
> postfix. I will post them on the off chance that I am wrong. Names
> changed to protect the innocent;-)
>

> HOSTNAME
>
> somemachine.mydomain

I have linux.local

> hosts
>
> # Lots of comments deleted
> 127.0.0.1 localhost

I also have a 127.0.0.2 linux.local

I'm not sure where this comes form but it rejects mail with that name

> Does anyone else have any comments on the original question that might
> be helpful?

look in yast for Network services/ Mail Transfer Agent/ outgoing mail /
masquerading I think you need to list the domains there.

> Problems ...
>
> I can not get mail into the machine, or, if it does come in it is
> rejected. I do not know which. I know postfix is working as I can do

what is in the mail logs? mail.info mail.warn

- --
Collector of vintage computers
http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600