Help files in gnome not found (8.2)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 21:08:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

There are a number of programs in gnome whose help files fail - almost in
every version of SuSE I have tried there have been some of these. For
example, in SuSE 8.2:

ethereal: "Could not open file "/etc/help/toc"

(I do not find any "help" or "toc" directory in the rpm - but there are
manpages)

GnuCash - well, maybe this is not a gnome app, but anyway:

- Tutorial contents are empty (the tree of topics is there, but
"devoid of lore")
- Help: same thing. Even the "report bug" doesn't work.
- "Tip of the day" works.

And the help files are there, I think:

/opt/gnome/share/gnucash/scm/help-topics-index.scm
/opt/gnome/share/gnucash/scm/hooks.scm
/opt/gnome/share/gnucash/scm/html-barchart.scm

but probably not at the location the program is expecting them. If I knew
where, probably a symlink would convince help to "help" me...

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

  • No further messages