Re: Fwd: Re: [SLE] ext3 on SuSE 9.1 anynone?
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 23:43:02 +1000
Dylan wrote:
On Saturday 22 May 2004 13:31 pm, Dylan wrote:

Janus: Please reply to the list, thanks

I've partitioned and formatted around 20 ext3 partitions so far
with 9.1 and had no problems at all - except on an already dodgy
drive.

Thank you, Dylan. Great to hear that SuSE 9.1 is not as buggy as one
might get the impression of bu reading the many posting on the list.

Well, we only tend to hear about the problems

Do you have any idea what the claim of buggt ext3 support was al
about. Was it just FUD or a man with a very special setup?

No idea since he gave little info.

May I ask you: Have you done NTFS resize on any of the 20 machines
you set up sith SuSE 9.1?

No, I havent - no MS machines around here at all. And it's 20 drives, not 20 machines (one box has eight drives!)

Surely this must signal that some further investigative work has to be done?

By saying that one box has 8 drives must mean (doesn't it?) that they are SCSI drives but the person with the problem is probably talking about IDE drive in which case the discussion is all about apples and oranges.

Cheers.