Re: [SLE] Cable TV Card
  • From: Terry Eck <terry_eck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 08:19:33 -0500

jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
*** Reply to message from Terry Eck <terry_eck@xxxxxxxxxxx> on Fri, 21
May 2004 20:58:05 -0500***

Hauppauge WinTV Model 400 works great for me under SuSE 8.2

wasn't there a chip change in Hauppage's around 8.x? Where the card
model number stayed the same but in the case of the newer chip no
matter what was done , no werky ;( whereas prior to the chip change
they were a reliable, if not bright shiny new w/ the latest toys,
choice.

I don't know anything about a chip change. My WinTV card is quite old,
The box says it is designed for WinNT and Win95 so it must be at least
5 years old. There is nothing fancy about the card but it works well
with linux.

--
SuSE Linux 8.2 (i586) ---- 2.4.20-4GB-athlon --- Sat 05/22/04 08:15
8:15am up 7 days 0:28, 3 users, load average: 0.09, 0.11, 0.07